Twitter is a great resource for writers and authors, no matter what stage of the writing process you’re at. There are tags for when you’re writing and editing, for when you’re hunting agents/publication, and for once you have your book out.
#AmWriting (you can also tack your genre to this tag eg #AmWritingRomance)
#CampNaNoWriMo (NaNo challenge running April and July)
#MSWL (agents’ wishlists – a great tag to follow if you’re selling a ms)
- Use the appropriate hashtags for your tweets
- Don’t use more than three hashtags per tweet
- Capitalise the first letter of the words – this helps text-to-voice apps for visually impaired users
- Engage with other users: like, retweet and follow those that genuinely interest you
- Be natural and don’t spam
These lists are by no way exhaustive – if you know of more, please drop them in the comments and I’ll add them in.
~ x ~